SciFiMovies Network
Username: Password:
Not Yet Registered? Become a Fan Today!
pacific Rim Movie Advert
The Search For Our Beginning Could Lead To Our End
Prometheus & Prometheus Sequel Movie News, Info & Community

What's Your Favorite Scene From Prometheus?

HomeCommunity Forums IndexPrometheus Discussions › View Topic

Chris

What was your favorite scene from Prometheus and why? This can include deleted scenes for those who have the Blu-Ray or who saw them online. Let the community know what scenes you particularly liked from Prometheus!

For me, I really liked the scenes that showed the Prometheus ship, it's a magnificent design and I just really liked the effects used for it.

prometheusT_screencap20.jpg

But my favorite scene was probably the Trilobite vs. Engineer scene and the scene where the Engineer turns on Ford, David, Weyland and Shaw. Oh, and yes I really liked the Deacon birth scene at the end, I thought it was great.

engineer_speaks_5.jpg

(You can use screen caps from the Prometheus Gallery to help show what scenes you most enjoyed!)

Pacific Rim Movie Coming July 12th, 2013
Get the latest news on Pacific Rim HERE!

66 Replies

Alien King

My favorite scene was that bit at the end where the words scrolled.

SubsumeYou

There are many, but I would have to say, just before David awakens the sleeping Engineer.

Major Noob

Ha you could not have asked a harder question! Every single scene was beautiful in some way. Visually, Prometheus took me back to the great British sci fi of the 1960's and 1970's, including The Prisoner and the productions of Gerry Anderson, but with a fantastic hyper reality, that Ridley Scott otherness. And of course don't forget 2001, a source of some disagreement here, I know. I can't choose! Truly almost every frame contained some wonder. The huge pop soundtrack, the Cecil B Demille dialog, the acid trip story arc. For me, my favorite shot of the Prometheus is the long shot when the RT01 emerges from the dock fir the furst time and it's crouched on its massive thrusters with the mountains behind it. Or how about the skull on the dome when the storm is coming? And the Trilobite scene, yes, brilliantly realized, a classic!

Prenihility

By far, the Engineer dummying everyone, and taking off.

The way he interacted with the controls. Taking a big breath before the mask goes over his face.

The sound effects of the ship. The music.

Oh, my!

And of course, the momentus of the scene gets ruined in an instant. Once Janek pulls his "HAAAND-JOOOOOOB" ...

Freakin' pathetic...

I've got my fingers crossed for Paradise. I hope it won't dun-goof like Prometheus.

A living being seeks above all else to discharge its strength. Life itself is will to power. Nothing else matters.

Certified Engineer nut-swinger as per prometheus-movie.com

King

For me its the scene where the chair comes up, and the deacon scene :)

there\\\'s something quite spooky about the derelict in LV-426..... don\\\'t you think?

Svanya

I liked the scenes when David was alone at the beginning.

2dcelgm.jpg

cuponator3000

my favorite has to be when the engineer goes crazy on everybody, but i would when daid finds the the deck, i guess, of the ship when he discovers the engineer and stuff:)

Feebs

I like the Engineer scenes, especially when he speaks and fights the trilobite :3
Engineer_fighting_Trilobite.jpgengineer_speaks_2.jpg

Another one is when Shaw slaps the crap out of Holloway.

PrometheusBanner.jpg

Vespa has his eyes on you :P

Mateo

(1) Peter Weyland at TED 2023. Weyland's speech is impressive and threatening. (Deleted scene) See:
Weyland Quotes
(2) landing, launch of the rovers to the route to the point of contact and
planet surroundings.
(3) The fight between Shaw and the Engineer, especially the cut scene, Ian White gives a magistral touch in these final shots, in using light ranges.

Custodian

Almost EVERY SCENE was Ridley-gorgeous. A wonderful art exercise. David was the main focus of the film, and the screen lit up whenever he was on it. And JANEK, apart from that weird kamikaze. But that's okay, because Janek, and the rest of his crew were Nexus 7.

Fave scene? The launching of the 'space jockey' seat; that unravelling. And I liked David playing flute and pressing white jelly buttons. That was super-camp.

You are CUSTODIANs of Free Planet; you just forgot about it, or someone neglected to remind you.

Shambs

David in the beginning, Shaw in the Med Pod and The Deacon.

*There is nothing in the desert and no man needs nothing*

Lone

The opener/prologue for it's stunning visuals.

The Engineers running hologram, the starmap hologram with David listening to/watching the Engineers.

Yeah the 'jockey' chair rising up made my nerve endings tingle!

The truth is out there. The truth will set you free. The Truth is redacted.....for your protection.

MVMNT

The scenes that made sense

pulserifle187

the hologram of the running engineers, then the last one turning to see what was behind him that told the whole story of what happend there.
The chair coming up out of the ground too....that was fantastic.

\"how do you feel?\".....\"great, next stupid question\"

Paul Littlefield

Where the engineer chair rises... I almost fainted.

:-)

Reply to this Discussion

Username

Password

or Register an Account
Skewed n Reviewed
Prometheus Fan Discussions

Andrew Martin meets Prometheus at Maison et Objet

This guy brought to Paris some Prometheus furniture, interesting to ...

LV is 55

[img]http://cf.juggle-images.com/matte/white/280x280/louis-vuitton-log...

Trick The Nervous System

When Shaw/Ford/David are starting to analyze the Last Engineer on the ...

when will know if paradise will happen

i see that everybody the director,and the 2 actor have a lot of work,i...

Timeline

I think Alien was 2122(LV426) and Prometheus 2094 (LV223). In Alien...

Prometheus Movie Forums

Prometheus Discussions

Discuss the film and its concepts

Site News & Announcements

Site news, relating to site features

Prometheus Media

Video Clips, Images, etc...

Community Discussions

Discussions not about Prometheus

Alien Discussions

Discuss the rest of the Alien franchise here

Prometheus Reviews (Liked)

Post your Prometheus Reviews here (Liked)

Prometheus Reviews (Disliked)

Post your Prometheus Reviews here (Disliked)

Prometheus 2 Discussions

Discuss the Prometheus Sequel Here!

Latest Prometheus Images
Status Board

To view and access the Prometheus Status Board, you must be logged in. Please log in via the form in the top of this page, or you can register an account & become a fan here today for free!

up

Other Network Sites

Part of the SciFiMovies Network
© 2012 SciFiMoviesNetwork
Legal | Terms of Use
About This Site
The Search For Our Beginning Could Lead To Our End - Prometheus landed in theaters June 8th, 2012 and takes a team of scientists on an expidition across the galaxy to a moon in the Zeta 2 Reticuli system named LV_223 in hopes to discover the origins of mankind. In the process they come face to face with horrific Alien creatures that threaten Earth's existence. Prometheus-Movie.com is the top Prometheus news/fan website on the net. We offer the latest news and information as well as the largest prometheus forum for fans to discuss the film. We are not affiliated with 20th century Fox and in no way own any copyrights to the film or its logos. Prometheus and its associated logos are trademarks of 20th Century Fox Film Corporation and their respective owners. Images may be subject to copyright. Site content is copyright Prometheus-Movie.com and its authors.
Contact Us
To contact us you can reach us at: [email protected]

Partners: Prometheus Movie 2012 | AvPSpectrum.com | Russian Prometheus Fan Site | AvPGalaxy.net | AVPUniverse.com