SciFiMovies Network
Username: Password:
Not Yet Registered? Become a Fan Today!
The Search For Our Beginning Could Lead To Our End
Prometheus & Prometheus Sequel Movie News, Info & Community

Design The Adult Deacon!

HomeCommunity Forums IndexPrometheus 2 Discussions › View Topic

Chris

So, with Prometheus passed and the DvD and BluRay coming up for release, we here at Prometheus-Movie.com want to engage the artistic fans here and across the globe. We want you to design and post your own version of what you think the adult Deacon Alien will look like or could look like in Prometheus 2.

To make this even more engaging, the most detailed and interesting design artists will win a Prometheus poster! We can allow up to 3 winners to start, but if more submit their works, we can always increase that number so that more artists win and get something for their hard work!

deacon_prometheusmovie_still.jpg

How can we tell if it's genuine? We ask that somewhere on the piece of art you add your site display name here on Prometheus-Movie.com (And the SciFi Movies Network), small in the corner, or under your signature if you so choose to do so. There are already a lot of artist renditions of the Deacon on the internet, but what we are looking for are NEW artwork pieces.

So post yours here! It can be any kind of art, from digital to paint. Just post it as a reply to this thread and each day I'll check in and see the artwork! After about 3-4 weeks I'll announce the first batch of winners. I realize creating truly immense works of art takes a lot of time.

The contest will remain open until our supply of poster giveaways diminishes. So, anyone can win and show off your talent at the same time! So start your work today share with us your vision of the adult Deacon! Get creative!

How to Submit your Entries Added by Snorkelbottom

Here's some guidance for those of you struggling to submit your artwork for this competition. Please follow the following steps:

- Upload you image to an image hosting site such as Imugr or Photobucket
- Once uploaded click on the image to display it
- Right click and select Copy Image URL if using Google Chrome
- Post your reply in this thread, introducing your artwork
- Click the picture icon in the reply box
- Paste (Ctrl + V) your images URL into the box that appears, then click OK
- Once you have finished your post click ADD REPLY

Be sure that your images URL ends in an image format such as jpg, bmp, png. If you are having trouble getting your image to appear do not worry one of the staff will moderate your post for you so that your image will appear.

243 Replies

"L"

coollllll! a trabajar se ha dicho !!! a ganarrrrrr!

8051960378_444c78837f.jpg

patch kat Crazy Eyes

What a great idea and fun too.

belladonna

that is fun!! i wont even bother because

1. i have seen fan art on this site, i would get my arse kicked.

2. i only use pens and pencils, that cant compete with digital, paint, and sculpting for most critics.

3. i don't really like how the deacon looks, i would make too many alterations and it probably wouldn't even look related :/

it would be interesting if people could use the rejected design concepts for the deacon design, i like some of those more then the one they chose for the movie.

whats in the basket?

patch kat Crazy Eyes

I am going to use a technical pencil, erasure and just plain paper...

Sky

I will try. I do have wacom but not going to use that because I feel comfortable with pencils and ink pen. Will see If I can get make it before the finishing date.

Uncertainty is the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security.

patch kat Crazy Eyes

Sky I do need a wacom... for creating wallpapers and photoshop stuff.

Freeze!

Don't let me win this thing.... Long Live the Fighters!

Leeta

I'll enter even though I am doubtful that I will win anything. x)

>> 1. i have seen fan art on this site, i would get my arse kicked.

Aww, I'm sure your art is great. Everyone has different styles and none is more better than the other.

You get me closer to god

necronom 4

What a great idea! Could anybody tell me what the best way would be to upload a Picture drawn with pencil to my computer? Would a Scanner be the best option? and would it scan a picture done in pencil?

8016097601_862a2ac82e.jpg

HAL 9000

Interesting idea and thanks Chris for getting everyone involved! However, is this the new generation of film, design it the way you want it? I'm somehow not sure if this is going into the right direction... Sounds fun nevertheless.

Major Noob

necronom4: provided your lines are nice and dark a scanner will work for you, or you could very carefully photograph it nice and square With good even light and get it into your computer that way. Then, if you have a nice paint application or better yet Photoshop you could paint over it from there. Then just make sure your file is a Jpeg and load it up!

necronom 4

Thanx Major Noob! I will give it a go. *smiley*

belladonna

aww thanks leeta! i draw comics so i figured someone that does a more realistic style would make anything id do look like a kids doodle.

now im tempted to be silly and enter a stick deacon drawing... LOL
although if Don Hertzfeldt is on this site he would beat me too it.

whats in the basket?

genjitsu17

Pencil, Watercolor, Ink
377622_3455422748598_1305759895_n.jpg
Pencil
543665_3443704335645_853658835_n.jpg
Pencil
574940_3419835498939_931077204_n.jpg
Pencil
218283_3423251624340_208646125_o.jpg

I may work for the company, but im really an OK guy.

necronom 4

Brilliant Gen. Well done!

Reply to this Discussion

Username

Password

or Register an Account
Latest Prometheus News
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus and Blade Runner Sequel!
MPC Prometheus VFX Breakdown Video
Prometheus Officially Released on 3D Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray and DvD!
Skewed n Reviewed
Prometheus Movie Forums

Prometheus Discussions

Discuss the film and its concepts

Site News & Announcements

Site news, relating to site features

Prometheus Media

Video Clips, Images, etc...

Community Discussions

Discussions not about Prometheus

Alien Discussions

Discuss the rest of the Alien franchise here

Prometheus Reviews (Liked)

Post your Prometheus Reviews here (Liked)

Prometheus Reviews (Disliked)

Post your Prometheus Reviews here (Disliked)

Prometheus 2 Discussions

Discuss the Prometheus Sequel Here!

Prometheus Fan Discussions

is it possible that we were created by the the engineers with the full intention of "infecting" us

Dr. Biltoo talks about the omitted sacrificial scene and more!

Sperm and other stuff

Prometheus theory.

Prometheus-Inspired Diorama Reveals Extraterrestrial Origins of My Little Pony

Status Board

To view and access the Prometheus Status Board, you must be logged in. Please log in via the form in the top of this page, or you can register an account & become a fan here today for free!

Latest Prometheus Images
up

Other Network Sites

Part of the SciFiMovies Network
© 2012 SciFiMoviesNetwork
Legal | Terms of Use
About This Site
The Search For Our Beginning Could Lead To Our End - Prometheus landed in theaters June 8th, 2012 and takes a team of scientists on an expidition across the galaxy to a moon in the Zeta 2 Reticuli system named LV_223 in hopes to discover the origins of mankind. In the process they come face to face with horrific Alien creatures that threaten Earth's existence. Prometheus-Movie.com is the top Prometheus news/fan website on the net. We offer the latest news and information as well as the largest prometheus forum for fans to discuss the film. We are not affiliated with 20th century Fox and in no way own any copyrights to the film or its logos. Prometheus and its associated logos are trademarks of 20th Century Fox Film Corporation and their respective owners. Images may be subject to copyright. Site content is copyright Prometheus-Movie.com and its authors.
Contact Us
To contact us you can reach us at: [email protected]

Partners: Prometheus Movie 2012 | AvPSpectrum.com | Russian Prometheus Fan Site | AvPGalaxy.net | AVPUniverse.com